On Thu, 2018-08-30 at 03:15 +0300, Waleed Hamra wrote:
> When gimp looks for libmypaint it asks pkg-config to look for
> libmypaint.pc, which fails since libmypaint uses libmypaint-1.3.pc .
>
> This sed from Arch's gimp PKGBUILD fixes this:
>
> sed -i "s|\\(libmypaint\\)\\( >=
> libmypaint_required_version\\)|\\1-1.3\\2|g" configure.ac
>
> followed by an autoreconf, and the rest of instructions from blfs.
>
> Cheers
> Waleed Hamra

Mmmm, this looks strange.
libmypaint.pc does exist in my build environment and
pkg-config --modversion libmypaint
works perfectly fine.
After further investigation, this is an Arch specific hack. They manipulate
their libmypaint package with a versioning.patch .
i.e. They rename libmypaint.pc to
libmypaint-libmypaint_api_platform_version().pc for some reason.

Regards,
Wayne.