> LFS (stable v8.3) compiles without any problems at all, but when I start
> off with BLFS, packages fail to compile with error messages that
> complain about C style header files.

I wonder about your environment.  Have you booted with LFS-8.3, or are you in
some sort of host environment?  You can do either initially, if you're careful.
 It's probably simplest to boot the new LFS--it's initally a PITA until you get
some of the BLFS basics, but after that you should be in the new system.  Also
check that things like pkg-config are referencing the right files.

--
Paul Rogers
paulgrog...@fastmail.fm