On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 05:33:21PM -0500, rhubarbpieguy via blfs-support wrote:

> I remember receiving "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'html' for the
> MarkupSafe, Beaker, and Mako Python 3 modules when compiling X.  I put the
> problem on the back burner as those modules compiled for Python 2 without
> error so Mesa subsequently compiled.
>
> However, now that I've finished BLFS 8.3 to my satisfaction, I find I can
> compile all three without error.  Assuming a faulty memory, I restored my
> LFS 8.3 image and again compiled X.  I received the same errors.
>
> So did I make an error compiling X?  X seems to be working well. I also
> tested the modules after compiling my post-X optional packages.  I assumed I
> could isolate the package that fixed the problem, but haven't caught it.
>
> In summary, I don't know why I receive the error when compiling X and don't
> know why they compile without error now.

Googling for 'python html module' found me a page which described it
and said it contains submodules of html.entities and html.parser.

I got both of those from the chroot install of python3.

/usr/lib/python3.7/html/

As to whether X needs them, I have no idea.  The most-obvious
python-users in my own X builds are llvm and mesa, and for the
moment both are still python2.7.

But I do build Mako and MarkupSafe for 3 (I see that I'm currently
only building Beaker for 2, and AFAICS it has not been pulled in from
PIP - the only references to beaker in my 3.7 python lib are for
beaker-cache).

Ultimately, the book builds these for mesa, which is python2 at the
moment, and gobject-introspection which I had assumed is python3,
but I see that both Mako and Python2.7 are optional for it.

ĸen
--
                        Is it about a bicycle ?