On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 07:12:25PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs via
blfs-support wrote:

> > > I think a separate /run would be OK.
>
> > Have you tried building firefox in chroot in the last couple of
> > years, with /run in chroot not mounted ?
>
> I have not.  I only need to build about 10 packages in chroot: nfs
> and openssh mostly.  Then I build everything over ssh.
>
>   -- Bruce

Tht is my normal approach too (well, rather more than 10, but not
what I regard as desktop packages).  But from time to time I try to
boot, check the system boots, then go back to the host system and
either get at least firefox built from chroot, or else build most of
my desktop - the latter is for my laptop, where I have not yet
sorted out why only one tty seems to be available and where wifi is
the way to go (so, initially NM and eventually n-m-a when I have a
desktop that can use it, then reboot).

And since 2017 (firefox-53) I have seen the problem on those
occasions where I re-entered chroot and /run was not mounted.

But can we continue this in the thread I started on -dev, please ?

ĸen
--
When alle is ſayed and all is done, ye must chooſe your faces wisely,
for soon enouff ye will be playing with fyre."