> Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2020 at 1:36 PM
> From: "Bruce Dubbs via blfs-support" <blfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
> To: blfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org
> Cc: "Bruce Dubbs" <bruce.du...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [blfs-support] Berkeley DB
>
> On 9/26/20 6:36 PM, Scott Andrews via blfs-support wrote:
> >
> > On 9/26/20 6:40 PM, Ken Moffat via blfs-support wrote:

> >> I remember being involved in the revert, but it was a long while ago
> >> and I do not recall the details, but probably that the DB-6 version
> >> was not being used by anyone else, and therefore it seemed like a
> >> bad idea.
> >>
> >> Please find the last version where we used DB-6, then look at the
> >> changelog in the next version, and then look at the list archives
> >> around that date (primarily for -dev, but I suspect someone also
> >> asked on -support after the change).
> >
> > Beyond Linux® From Scratch - Version 8.2 Berkeley DB-6.2.23
> >
> > Beyond Linux® From Scratch - Version 8.3 Berkeley DB-5.3.28
> >

> >> Or, you can compile whatever software/versions you wish on your own
> >> system.  But if you are distributing binaries, remember to check
> >> that the licenses are compatible.
> >>
> >> More generally, when we decide to revert versions that often gets
> >> discussed on -dev and will therefore be in the archives (sometimes
> >> the problem is pointed out on -support before we revert, other times
> >> it's all on -dev).
> >
> > There is no good reason to revert it:
> > http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/10989
> >
> >   * The Oracle Berkeley DB product is licensed
> >   * under the GNU AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE:
> >   *
> >   *
> >   *                  GNU AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
> >   *                     Version 3, 19 November 2007
> >

> > I use db-6.0.20 with rpm and yellowdog updater
> >
> > No issues, I also have some pgms written by me that use the rpm db and
> > they have not failed to function.
>
> Your distro, your rules.
>
>    -- Bruce
>

> --

This is just a slimeball who has too much time on its hands.  It has never done
anything for anyone other than itself in its worthless existence.  It is
probably an employee of Oracle that is busy sucking its daddies DICK whilst
posting this garbage to the list.

Who the fuck cares that it is using rpm on a NON redhat system.

So bottom line shit for brains:

DO NOT POST ANYTHING TO THIS MAILING LIST IF YOU WANT YOUR MAIL SERVER TO
SURVIVE.

Christopher.