> Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 10:11 AM
> From: "Ken Moffat via blfs-support" <blfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
> To: "BLFS Support List" <blfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
> Cc: "Ken Moffat" <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com>
> Subject: Re: [blfs-support] Rebuilding gst-plugins-base after installing Qt
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 09:52:02AM -0500, Douglas R. Reno via blfs-support
> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/27/20 8:48 PM, Ken Moffat via blfs-support wrote:

> > > (etc)
> > >
> > > On one of my 9.1 systems I had installed OpenEXR in February (a
> > > dependency of blender).  On that system gst-plugins-bad-0.16.3 gave
> > > some warnings about a missing include direcotry for OpenEXR
> > > (include/OpenEXR) - presumably the pkgconfig file (for 2.4.1) was
> > > incorrect and not pointing to the prefix (/usr), then it failed to
> > > find a specific header which indeed was not installed by that
> > > version.
> > >
> > > The workaround is to hide the pc file during the build, although a
> > > better workaround is probably not to build these packages in the
> > > first place.
> > >
> > > ĸen
> >
> > Hi Ken,
> >
> > I know you've probably already tried this, but can you try doing an
> > 'ldconfig' and logging in and out? I experienced this issue a few weeks ago,
> > and that's what I did to solve it. I have no idea why it happened though or
> > if that was even the true solution unfortunately.
> >
> > - Doug
> >
> Hi Doug,
>
> I hadn't tried it because it's a header not found, rather than a
> library.  Tried it now on a different system for -base after that
> failed as before, it made no difference (and there is no OpenEXR on
> this system, so -bad was ok).  Thanks anyway.
>
> ĸen
> --
> The people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them: I work
> all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba.
> That's oppression, that is.    [ Guards! Guards! ]
> --

Hello Ken,

OpenSuse have a number of patches for gstreamer-plugins-bad:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Factory/gstreamer-plugins-bad/gstreamer-plugins-bad.changes?expand=0

I am not sure which, if any of them would be a solution for this.  I always
install openexr and at times have to hunt for patches to get things to work
correctly.  I never do a partial rebuild of an existing system, as I do not
like the eventual headache of stubborn packages not wanting to play nice.

Regards,

Christopher.