Hi Mark, you can do the install without sighted assistance, but it is
recommended that for the first few times when booting from the DVD you get
someone to make sure that you're selecting the right options etc.
Alternatively you can install inside your current version of Windows. Your
screen reader will speak the first part of install, then setup will do the
rest for you till it's ready for you to complete the last phase, in which
you can bring up Narrator with Windows U, tab once, space, enter. Second,
drivers are not simple to discuss. If you originally had Vista, then most
likely you'll already have drivers for Windows 7. If you had XP then
problems may occur, i.e., some drivers may not work without going through
Windows update. What I would do is consider a dual boot situation, so you
have the current Windows on your main partition or drive and Windows 7 on
the next available partition or drive. That way should you experience
problems you won't need to worry about the loss of your current operating
system. Hope this helps, and good luck.

--
Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopher...@googlemail.com