Hi chris. Like you I was running a preconfigured version of Miranda and experienced the same problem. also I was used to the way windows messenger worked with things being spoken. I also chafed at the fact that the message box doesn't word wrap. I like some of the features, like how you can get weather and stuff, but I guess I'm too used to the way windows messenger and Aim work with jaws. It is an interesting program, although I found the options tree view a little confusing.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Feist" <ccfe...@swbell.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:14 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] How to read messages in Miranda window

Hi.  I got a pre-configured version of Miranda installed and it's working.
I had a question about the chat window when I'm logged on to MSN.  When an
instant message comes in, I have to back tab from the input edidt field to
the history window to read the message.  It isn't automatically spoken.

In the past, before Miranda, I used MSN Messenger, and incoming messages
were spoken automatically.  And I also could hear the previous messages
again by hitting alt 1, 2, 3, etc.  I wonder if something similar can be
done in Miranda?  Maybe JAWS scripts are needed?  Not sure.  Maybe some of
you Miranda users would have some tips that would help.  I'm still using
JAWS 10 at present and XP Pro.  Thanks for any help.

Chris Feist - The one and only!