Thank you, I did download and install the compatibility file and it did work. I will be needing to use Excel soon, though and I do not know if you can download Excel by it's self or not. But, I did a Google search and I saw many sites that you can download for free Microsoft Office 2007. Would this be a good idea or not to do if I am needing Excel?

Mel
----- Original Message ----- From: "Melissa Riley" <jamand...@izoom.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Microsoft Office

Ok, well installing any newer version of Office, whether it be 03 or 07 is
not a problem from an accessibility standpoint.  It is farely seemless.
Have you tried downloading the compatibility file which allows you to view
the newer versions?  It is easy enough to find with a quick Google search,
and installs without any issues.  You won't need to do anything once it's
installed, it simply lets you view these files.
If you are buying the Office Suite as a straight consumer, it is expensive,
but priced depends on what you need.  Just a package with Word and Outlook
is going to be less then the full professional suite, which can cost around
$400.
If you are a verifyable student, there are significant discounts you can
locate for purchasing these programs.
Warmly,
Melissa