Friends,
        I have a professor that has been infected by a virus, he is aware of
this, but this is what is happening: I receive emails containing the lesson
plans for the next day that contains his full name. These lesson plans come
from his school email address. I recently have started receiving emails with
only his first name and last name "Tim Haskins" rather than the actual email
that comes "Timothy Haskins". The first time I got this email I did not pay
much attention to the way the email was listed as far as the name goes. I
clicked on the link and got a warning message saying this link is possibly
infected so I aborted before proceeding and emailed him about this. The email
list his shortened name and then only the date.
Two questions arise out of this. One, if I add the shortened name to the block
list in OE will it still allow the actual emails to be delivered to my inbox?
If it will still allow the email with the full name to be delivered how do I go
about adding this bogus email to my block list, I am sure that it is probably
just a click of a button while sitting on the open email but exactly where is
this selection found? Second question I have been getting these emails on a
regular basis have I already been infected? If so will MSE take care of this
particular virus? I will continue to search Google for the answers, but any
help offered on this matter will be greatly appreciated.