When you do a search for files on the system , it will find every file with that criteria. In other words if you have a file called Cliff's Bingo Chart.xls, and you have it in your My Documents, and then maybe on a back up drive or the like, it'll find them both. One might be newer than the other depending on a backup date. If you search for "Cliff's", it'll find every file with "Cliff's" in the name. The versions you've seen could be the recovered files in Excel which were waiting to be either saved or deleted too I suppose, I don't have any to check out. You might not be able to move those. Probably the best thing to do in that case is open the files you want to save right from the search results area and then just do a Save As... and put them where you want.

FYI to verify, I successfully tested moving a file within the search results area to a different spot in My Documents by arrowing to it within the search results, , pressing Alt Enter to look at the properties to find out where it was located. **You'll need to Jaws/Review cursor to find the location in the properties area unless there's a hot key , I just Jaws cursor.** Once I found out where it was located I made note of it, pressed Escape, made sure it was highlighted in the results area again. pressed Ctrl X, went into My Documents and pasted with Ctrl V to a different spot. Then verified in Windoes Explorer it was in fact gone from the original spot.

Brad

On 7/5/2011  09:12 PM Cliff Smales said...
Hello, Brad:

I followed through on your advice, and the results were most interesting.

Once the Properties file was open, I had interesting choices.

a trace on files going back as far as 1 week, 1 month, or one year.

I was able to find a  spreadsheet, that I had lost only days ago.

There was some data missing, but that can be restored.

I'd like to move it back into "my documents" and make it active once again.

Is there a keyboard for moving a spreadsheet? The usual control shift V didn't work for me.

Cliff
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Dunse'" <li...@braddunsemusic.com>