Hi Mike,
Do you use this feature at all?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike & Barbara In Arcadia" <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] online banking

Hi Yvonne & Alan,

Below is a note that I had saved regarding Karat Browsing.

FROM
http://blogmines.com/blog/2009/07/15/what-is-caret-browsing-in-internet-explorer-8/
Caret Browsing is cool feature available in Internet Explorer 8.
Rather than using a mouse to select text and move around within a webpage,
you can use standard navigation keys on your keyboard-Home, End, Page Up,
Page
Down, and the arrow keys. This feature is called Caret Browsing and is named
after the caret-or cursor-that appears when you edit a document.

From Yahoo:
In computing, caret navigation is a kind of keyboard navigation where a
caret (also known as "text cursor", "text insertion cursor", or "text
selection
cursor") is used to navigate within a text document. It is a fundamental
feature for applications that deal with text, for example text editors, word
processors
and desktop publishing programs.

This kind of navigation is also supported by the Mozilla-based web browsers,
where it is referred as "caret browsing". A shortcut key (F7) is assigned
to toggle between caret mode and non-caret mode. In caret mode, a blinking
caret appears within the webpage. User can then navigate the webpage using
arrow
keys. The navigation is finer than spatial navigation and tabbing
navigation, which deals with hyperlinks only, but most times it is slower.

so basically if you have a PSP or cellphone browser... that's what it
becomes like.. where you can move up and down by using the arrow keys [they
jump
to the next link]

to turn it off press F7 again...
so all-in-all, its changing your settings on a webpage so you can navigate
the page with the keyboard opposed to the mouse.
From me:
We can already do this FASTER with JAWS.
BTW: Caret Browsing is also available in FireFox.

Hope this helps, somewhat!.  Take care.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: Alan Robbins