The problem with many newer all-in-one printers is that they use an LCD display screen for option selection that is not accessible. And many printers don't even have a toggle power switch anymore, just a button with an LED indicator so it can be difficult to determine whether the printer is on or off without listening for internal noise . So shop carefully.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lennie" <lenni...@mchsi.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:51 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Question about all in 1 laser printers

Hi,

I currently have 2 printers, a HP 1200 laser printer which is still working fine and a Canon all in one MP780 printer of which the print heads are bad.

Unfortunately Canon USA told me that print head for this particular model is no longer available.

The only use I have for this printer is to scan documents and send fax. I should be able to receive a fax, but I won't be able to print it.

So, I am thinking about purchasing a new all in one printer that scans, prints, copy and send/receive fax.

Two problems. Is such an animal available in laser color printer or am I am going to have to stay with ink jet printers. Which laser and ink jet printers do most people recommend and which ones to stay away from as far as accessibility?

Secondly, I am currently using OmniPage 15 for all my scanning. Does anyone know if this scanning software will work with the latest scanners?

Any information, advice and directions will most graciously be appreciated. Thanks. Take care.

Lennie