From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of
Lennie
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:54 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Setting up my new printer

Hi,

I have a new Brother 4 in 1 laser printer which I am getting
ready to
set it up with my windows XP computer.

I have one question. I am using OmniPage 15 as my scanner
program to
scan documents to text. I previously used a Canon and for
the life of
me, I cannot rememberer how to tell OmniPage to ignore or
remove the
Canon from the list and set up the Brother printer to be
scanned by
OmniPage. I searched everywhere in the program and I cannot
find
where it knows to scan a particular printer/scanner. Does
anyone know
how to do this?

The Brother comes with its own scanner software which is
ScanSoft,
but from what I can understand, it will only scan pictures
and
documents to an image format.

Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Take care.

Lennie

For answers to frequently asked questions about this list
visit: