From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:29 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] kurzweil and opticbook 3800

Hello there;
Actually the scanner is on, and the software is loaded into the system tray.

Well, I did contact Kurzweil regarding the problem, However, they really
didn't know the answer, They were aware this problem did exist with one of
they're clients, But, they couldn't remember the work around, The answer
they gave was;

Hi. I had one person with this particular issue. He said he contacted
plustek and they told him to disable a particular program that they were
running. Unfortunately, he didn't tell me what that program was.
Plustek is aware of blind users who use k1000. You might contact them and
ask if there is something in the system tray that needs to be changed.
I don't have the scanner myself, but only saw this once.
You could also try using the WiA twain driver to see if that works since
this scanner doesn't have a document feeder.
If you do find out what the fix is, I would appreciate if you could let me
know so I could put it into my faq.