Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:26 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] a problem with windows media player

Hi, Sampson,

I tried what you suggested and it didn't work.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message----- From: slcb
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 1:20 AM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com

Hi Rosemari, this is something I found on the internet.

Over a period of time you tend to install and uninstall third-party Media
Players like VLC, GOM, AVS, Power DVD, etc. When you install these
third-party
software, each of this program take their own file associations as default
player. Good ones usually gives you a choice whether to associate all media
file
extensions to it or not while installing the program.But having said that,
not
all programs gives you a choice. They automatically take file associations
and
you end up with messed up file types for your Media playing needs. If you
love
Windows Media Player and would like to keep file associations with it, go
ahead
and follow these steps to reset all file associations with Windows Media
Player
in your Windows 7 PC.
1. Click Start—> All Programs—> Default Programs.
2. In the Default Programs dialog box, click on link “Set your default
programs”.

3. In the list of programs, select “Windows Media Player”.
4. Then click on “Set this program as default”.

5. Click on “OK” to save the settings. This will restore all the file
associations. Which means all your video and audio files will play with
Windows
Media Player by default.
In Step 4, you have choice to choose selected file type to play as default
with
Windows Media Player. You need to click on “Choose defaults for this
program”
and then select file types that you want to associate with Windows Media
Player.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2...@verizon.net>