Has anyone used successfully with JAWS the smartware that comes with
the WD My Passport 1TB Portable External Hard Drive? Upon searching
JAWS users lists I saw one recommendation for not installing such
smartware and using the built in back-up features of Windows 7 with an
external harddrive, but I have also heard from computer techs that
using Windows backup doesn’t always do the job. I’ll be backing up a
lot of user created documents, datafiles from various statistical
packages, books from multiple sources, and music primarily in my
iTunes library. It would be best if this information could be password
protected and encrypted, which the smartware promises to do; however
in the past using earlier versions of JAWS with Windows XP and
external harddrives, the options accompanying the external harddrives
were not accessible. Was hoping that Windows 7 64 bit OS, JAWS 13 or
14, might do a better job.

Comments on this smartware or the best use of external harddrives with
JAWS would be most appreciated.