Hi Tom,

Navigate to the desktop with Windows key+M, and make sure that no icons are
selected.  If an icon is selected, press control+spacebar to unselect it.

Once you've done this, press your applications key, or shift+F10, if your
keyboard doesn't have an applications key, arrow up to personalize and press
enter.

In the resulting window, tab to the option to Change Desktop Icons and press
enter.

In that resulting dialog box, go through the list, making sure to check the box
of the items you want to appear on the desktop.

I should note that while the My Documents folder does technically still exist,
it is encapsulated by the host User's Folder, and so you must check the option
to show User's Files, at which point an icon with the current user's name will
appear on the desktop, and My Documents will be inside that folder.

Once you finished checking the various boxes, tab to the checkbox that says,
"Allow Themes to Change Desktop icons" and check or uncheck it according to
your preference.

Once this is done, tab to the apply button, press the spacebar, then tab to the
ok button and again, press the spacebar to close out the dialog box.

At this point, unless you wish to make further changes to the desktop or
display, you can simply alt+F4 out of the original personalize window, or, like
I said, if you need to make more display changes, like the screen saver or
fonts, simply tab through the options, pressing enter on the option you wish to
adjust.

Hope this helps.

Scorpio