Hi,
This is free, but it requires sighted help. It's called Darik's Boot and Nuke. I have used it a few times.
On 5/26/2013 9:35 PM, Lenny McHugh wrote:
Thanks, I knew that there was a dos program that could do it but could not locate one

-----Original Message----- From: David Ferrin
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 6:40 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] wipe your hd

Wipe drive will do the job but it has to be run from a DOS prompt, it can't be used from within windows. Try and search for it, it's what our state uses
before recycling computers.

David Ferrin
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from
a simpler system that worked perfectly.