Interesting dave. I am using winamp and I never thought of changing the
output. That way I could get rid of sound switch but you are exactly right
jaws goes along for the ride. I am off to play with it. Thanks very much

-----Original Message-----
From: Blind-Computing [mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of David Ferrin
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 20:16
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] jaws and sound cards

I have several of those sound cards among other toys of that nature around
here as well. My guess is that this program you are using actually changes
your default sound card on the fly and JAWS just seems to go along for the
ride for reasons it only knows.

Now for example if you are using win amp and I believe media player has the
same feature available you can change the sound card it uses itself. I'm
thinking if you were to do that then JAWS would stay right where it is
supposed to be without a care in the world so to speak.

This is a work around but I am certain it will do what you want. Just start
your player of choice, change your output and with win amp at least not sure
about media player since it has been so long you might have to close out and
then open the program again for it to play using the alternative card.
David Ferrin
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from
a simpler system that worked perfectly.