Whatever, bgt I know was bad practice but what about the rest.

that does make me wander how well coded any software app is.

Then its just another unknown.

No, antivirus software targets the blind because it does, I doubt I will find the answer to the other question.

I will have to add it to all the other things I found this month like why does the reserved partition fill on a system with little use, or why does the windows profile corrupt when I am not doing anything stupid or alegal.

All I know is that antivirus actually used to target viruses, now it targets almost anything not certified by microsoft or something.