Heh, I used to play on ancient anguish.  It's just a basic no frills mud.  It works just fine, but there really isn't anything there to set it apart from other muds.  If you're just looking for a generic mud where nobody is going to hassle you, then it's a good choice.  If you're looking for all kinds of new stuff, and lots of features, then you'll need to look elsewhere.  It's very good for what it does though.  It's a great place for newbies to wander around, learn the ropes, and get some experience under their belt before moving on to other places.

On 6/10/2018 1:50 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Has anyone had any success with ancientanguish.org?  That's a rather old
mud or was the last time I tried to create an account and couldn't do
that.
A while back I played cyberassault.com and that was pretty good.

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018, Travis Siegel wrote:

Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 11:41:10
From: Travis Siegel <tsie...@nfbcal.org>
To: blind-gamers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [blind-gamers] What is your favorite MUD and MUD client?

Well, over the years, my favorite muds have changed.? When I was just a newbie
in the mud scene, (back in the early 90s), I really liked a mud called
darkwind, one that was still running a few years ago when I last logged in,
but it seems to be gone now.

These days though, I really like 3K (3k.org), since it is one I also played in
the 90s, and it is still around, and still going very strong, and they do have
some help for the visually impaired user.

I also very much like their guild selections.? One of my characters is a
changeling, one is a cyborg, and on 3scapes (the sister mud to 3k), I have a
juggernaut character.

Another mud I used to enjoy thoroughly was lostsouls (lostsouls.org), because
of it's amazing race selection and it's skill sets.? Unfortunately, I quit
playing that one a few years ago when they expanded the world to the point of
uselessness. Sure, it's nice to have thousands and thousands of rooms to
stroll around in, but when you're wandering around for hours and can't find a
damned thing, it's time to go find something else to do. Lostsouls is a mud
I'd also been playing since the mid 90s, and although I really love the mud, I
just can't handle the fact that since the world expanded it now takes three
times as long to get anywhere, and that's assuming you know exactly where said
place is.? If you don't, and you need to look for it, just forget it, you'll
never find it.? If they'd put the world map back to how it used to be, I'd
pick up playing there in a heartbeat, but I've got better things to do than
spend long stretches of time getting from place to place even when I know
exactly where I need to go, but I sure can't see how running around for
(sometimes) hours trying to find a place you've already been hundreds of times
helps anybody, least of all the player accomplish anything.? So, I just quit
playing there, and have no intention of going back, despite the fact that I
think their skill system is the best I've ever seen in all my mudding time.

I do play alter aeon, and I like it well enough, it's skill system is pretty
decent, and while I've tried aardwolf, I'm not a big fan of their environment,
though I do log in there once in a while to remind myself why I don't play
there regularly.? I've found a few other muds where I play once in a while,
but I don't play anything regularly except for 3K and Alter Aeon.? If I can
find another mud like lostsouls, then I'd be there fairly regularly, but until
then, I'll just stick with empiremud, 3k, and alter aeon.? Those suit my
purposes for the time being.