The moving artillery does not stand still but moves back and forth, so firing at it will likely miss.

I stock up on cruise missiles, which will destroy tanks and moving artillery in a larger radius, then fire one to the left then to the right of the location the moving artillery last fired. .

Meanwhile I turn on the smoke for defensive purposes.

On 6/16/2019 8:19 AM, john wrote:
That artillery is definitely the single worst part of the game. It cannot to my knowledge be truly destroyed, even if you hammer on it for an extended period (i.e: don't bother trying).
General strategy is (if you don't want spoilers stop here):
When entering the sector, approach the first row of woods. For all troops, use your machine gun (shells are both overkill and difficult to aim). The troops are in groups of four or five, so if you hit one, fire a few more times until you hear them stop dying. Once you clear out the first several batches of them, you can either enter the first row of woods and use them as cover to clean the second, or just drive down the road towards the bridges eliminating troops as they show up.
Somewhat confusingly, the second bridge is the left hand one.

Good luck!

From: "lori duncan" <lori.dunca...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 3:39 AM
To: <blind-gamers@groups.io>
Subject: [blind-gamers] help needed with GMA Tank Commander

Hi I was wondering if anyone could please give me some tips on how to pass the first part of sector 5 of GTC, the part before the bridge?  I accidentally destroyed one of the bridges and went over what I thought was the other bridge, but fell through it, so I must have tried to cross the broken one.

Where I'm struggling is with the artillary, as when I'm trying to kill the snipers hiding in the woods I'm finding it hard switching quickly between the intercepters and the shells or my machine gunn fast enough, and sometimes it's almost as though the game freezes while the artillary's misile is in mid air, so it's not giving me a lot of time to shoot back or fire my intercepter.  Is there a way to turn off that mobile thing, or enable training mode so he stays in 1 place until I'm used to the sector layout?

Does anyone have the invisability cheat code?  I don't usually like cheating, but it'd be handy to be invisible while taking stock of my surroundings.

Thanks from Lori.