My least favorite part of the game by far. The cannons are cool, but they sure make mental mapping hard.

spoiler warnings and such. If you don't want spoilers and haven't gotten to this part, stop reading now.

I'm on f2, and can't for anything figure out how to get to f3. From the item guide I know I"m looking for stairs, but can't find any. I did, however, find a second ladder that seems to go back down to f1. Is this what I want? If not, does anyone happen to remember how to get to the next level? Bad enough I keep having to reload because of lasers taking out my manamon. It looks like f3 has a healing machine and I want to get to it. Taking a break for now because i"m frustrated, and that never helps. Thanks for any help! :)

Christy