I can't believe I'm responding to a post so lacking any resemblence to
meaningful thought....
If anything James is rising from the ashes like the phoenix. He hasn't
released anything for quite some time, and now he finally has something
particularly unique to share. Just because you're too much of an ass to
appreciate it when somebody takes a huge financial risk in creating games
for the blind that require more than basic reflexes and an elementary school
education, doesn't mean you need to complain at every turn. The world is
going toward a multimedia sort of world, if you're not willing to do what's
necessary to ride the wave, that's your problem. Don't drag somebody's name
through the mud before people have a chance to try something which is, as I
said before, fairly revolutionary.
Give me the example of one game for blind people that will enable sniper
firing in a multiplayer environment like the demo indicates is on the
horizon.... Oh wait.... I guess the only one is Max Shrapnel.... I forgot
that James has been working on something that has yet to be done within
audio based gaming.
My advice to Sean, and to anyone else, is to try the demo yourself,
listen to the comments of people who have actually played the thing, read
the documentation, think, think some more, and then offer something
worthwhile of the attention you desperately want from anybody who will give
it to you....
In other words.... Sit down and shut up.
-Vapour
----- Original Message -----
From: "shaun everiss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:50 AM
Subject: audyssey: where have all the flowers gone
> <sigh>
> I think james n is on a downhill streak.
> Ok, granted since the raceway epesode we don't talk to eachother nor do I
> want to.
> Really is a turn off for someone to go this way.
> Even when I thought he was well was a well bad dood and others who stood
> by him said he delivered.
> Well I ask you, not if I was right all along but what you think.
> Personally I think he went bad after espsoftworks fell.
> Delaying and no longer doing raceway, geting the pre-order system that
> actually failed him.
> Max shrapnal and monti delayed, monti at least, and still all games on the
> site.
> Now this.
> What I have to say I can't really say on here.
> But surely after all this you can see that if at least if he aint done yet
> something is seriously wrong.
> If you want to stand by him, be my guest.
> However For some time I havn't well had him in a really good place in any
> of my game buying lists.
> To date we havn't seen any of his stuff.
> I didn't want to say this but I think he is finnished.
> He aint what I used to remember.
> <sigh> on the other hand nothing is what it used to be in the old days.
> I can remember when well all the companies were forming.
> Its bigger offcause, however except for pcs and gma the origional
> companies either have disapeared, or gone somewhere.
> It was so good before.
> On the good side we have opensource progects, research instatutes
> releasing games, the new companies, some comming from old hands others
> new.
> Some only starting, and some just doing something else.
> On the down side we have companies like bavisoft, who have only produced
> 2 games in entire public development, at least thats all we can see.
> Judging from the list traffic there was not much replay value at all for
> these.
> We had the esp sarga ending with draconis with all esp titles and james n
> somewhere, where I don't know, then Mr feir, who is not the audyssey
> editer.
> True we still have gma, pcs, and others around.
> We also have new companies like usagames.
> And others that are just starting out.
> For a while, something has been a miss although I am not sure what.
> I wander where it all fell apart.
> The community had list serve troubles, a hacker in chatrooms and on the
> list.
> The good old days were fun.
> Now we seem to have an uneasy peace, where the next war is around the
> corner.
> That doesn't mean I will leave ofcause.
> However I have been wandering what happened to the old days.
> At 11:20 p.m. 14/12/2005, you wrote:
>
>>hi
>>
>>what a pile of rubbish this game is
>>firstly it limits the customer base and erm, hello? how can we use the
>>mouse
>>if we are blind?
>>pile of crap
>>will
>>
>>----- Original Message -----
>>From: "Ryan Conroy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: <[email protected]>
>>Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 5:18 AM
>>Subject: audyssey: Fw: News from Alchemy Game Studios
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Alchemy Updates"
>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Subject: News from Alchemy Game Studios
>> Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:46:19 -0800
>>
>>Dear Customers,
>>
>>A new demo is available for download via our website or by following the
>>direct link:
>>
>>Note: A mouse and surround sound speaker system is required to play this
>>demo. The system requires are:
>>
>>- Sound card supporting at least thirty-two hardware 3D sound buffers,
>>i.e. Sound Blaster Live! or equivalent
>>
>>- Surround sound speaker system with at least four speakers, i.e. front
>>and rear speaker pairs
>>
>>- Mouse
>>
>>- Make sure your screen reader is turned off during play.
>>
>>- Make sure your speaker configuration is set appropriately in the
>>control panel (if it is set to 'stereo speakers', this demo will not
>>function properly).
>>
>>Click here to download now (approximately twenty-two megs)
>>
>>Or, copy this address to your web browser:
>>
>>http://www.alchemygamestudios.com/downloads/demosetup.exe
>>
>>In other news..
>>
>>Montezuma's Revenge is in final package testing and will be released by
>>the year's end.
>>
>>If you're interested in ordering either Montezuma's Revenge or Max
>>Shrapnel, please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] The order form
>>will be back online soon.
>>
>>Note: If you'd like to be unsubscribed from the Alchemy News List,
>>please send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and request to
>>be removed.
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>Alchemy Game Studios
>>
>>
>>
>>"So you sedate and drown in vain
>>You've got a pill for every day
>>A suit and tie to mask the truth
>>It's ugly head is starting to show through
>>Sometimes when you're out of rope
>>The way to climb back up's unclear
>>The walls you build around yourself
>>I guess they also keep you here
>>Are you afraid of what they think?
>>Whoever 'they' happen to be
>>Or are you hiding from the scars
>>Of your own reality?
>>The monster you're feeding, your lack of perception
>>The things that you do to fulfill addictions
>>The light at the end of your tunnel is closing
>>What is it that you're so afraid of exposing
>>You'd give it all up
>>For what's there for the taking
>>Whatever it takes to keep your hands from shaking
>>The same things you're thinking might make you feel better
>>The same things that probably got you here." - Aaron Lewis
>>
>>
>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>to leave send a blank Email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>You can contact the list owners/moderators by Emailing
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>to go nomail send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>change "nomail" to "normal" to resume messages.
>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>to leave send a blank Email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>You can contact the list owners/moderators by Emailing
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>to go nomail send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>change "nomail" to "normal" to resume messages.
>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>--
>>No virus found in this incoming message.
>>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>>Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.13.13/199 - Release Date:
>>13/12/2005
>
>
>
> --
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.13.13/199 - Release Date:
> 13/12/2005
>
>
>
>
>
> to leave send a blank Email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> You can contact the list owners/moderators by Emailing
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> to go nomail send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> change "nomail" to "normal" to resume messages.
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/VPRolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->
to leave send a blank Email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You can contact the list owners/moderators by Emailing [EMAIL PROTECTED]
to go nomail send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
change "nomail" to "normal" to resume messages.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindgamers/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/