-----Original Message-----
From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Betsy Whitney,
Dolphin Press
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 12:03 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] How to Relight a Gas Water Heater Pilot
Light

Ray,
Would you say it is the same for propane?
Betsy
At 03:04 PM 8/7/2006, you wrote:
>Hi
>If you have shut off your water heater for draining or repairs or to
>conserve fuel while away on a trip, you must relight the pilot
manually.

>Steps:
>1.
>Set the gas-control knob to the Off position and turn the thermostat to

>its lowest setting (typically clockwise in both cases). Wait 5 minutes
>for any gas to clear. If after 5 minutes you smell gas, do not proceed.

>Call the utility company for immediate service.
>
>2.
>Open or remove the outer and inner access covers for the burning
>chamber using a wrench or pliers. Use a flashlight to locate the end of

>the pilot-light tube that extends from the gas-control valve into the
>burning chamber.
>Adjust your position so you can comfortably reach this point with a
>wooden match and see what you are doing.
>
>3.
>Turn the control knob to the pilot position and immediately hold a
>match near the end of the pilot-light tube. Depress and hold the reset
>button on the gas-control valve (see illustration). Remove the match as

>soon as the pilot lights, but keep the button depressed for about a
>minute.
>4.
>If the pilot does not remain lighted, repeat all these steps.
>Otherwise, turn the gas cock on the control valve to the On position,
>set the thermostat to the desired temperature and replace the access
>panels.
>
>Overall Warnings:
>
>If the control knob does not pop up when you release it, call for
>immediate service.
>
>Watch out for sharp sheet-metal edges when lighting the pilot; better
>yet, wear work gloves.
>
>Keep your face away from the burning chamber when lighting the pilot,
>turning the control knob or adjusting the thermostat.
>

>To listen to the show archives go to link
>  http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
>or
>ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
>http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
>http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml
>
>Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions  From
>Various List Members At The Following Address:
>http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
>Visit the new archives page at the following address
>http://www.mail-archive.com/blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com/
>For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man

>list just send a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Yahoo! Groups Links

http://acbradio.org/handyman.html or

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From
Various List Members At The Following Address:
> [...]

This message and its attachments may contain legally
privileged or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the
information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the e-mail.

Any content of this message and its attachments which
does not relate to the official business of Eraring Energy
must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by
Eraring Energy. No warranty is made that the e-mail or
attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: