I have one of those and it is ok for long, rough measurements.  For
accurate measurements, I use my rotomatic.  I have the marked 6-inch
rod, and extensions of 6, 12 and 2 18 inch for a total of 5
feet.  Actually, the marked rod is 6.5 inches.
.
earlier, jim, wrote:
>hi i have one of those 25 ft tactle tapes and they suck.
>they are marked at the foot and at the six inch marks on the tape.
>then for fine work there is this six inch extention that is marked down to
>1/8 of an inch.
>the bad part is there is no way to make it line up the same way twice with
>the tape.
>you are supposed to put the foot or the six inch mark at the end of the
>extention but it is really iffy  and you can be off by a quarter inch
>either way or so it is just really clunkey.
>jim
>At 02:21 PM 8/23/2006, you wrote:
>
> >Hi Folks,
> >
> >Seems like I remember reading somewhere that one can purchase a 25FT
> >tactile tape measure.
> >I use a click rule from time-to-time and found it easy to make extensions
> >for it. If you want instructions email me privately and I will send them to
> >you.
> >Note: you will need access to either a lathe or a  small Bridgeport mill to
> >center drill and cut the internal threads on the ends of your new
> extensions.
> >
> >At 09:31 AM 8/23/2006 -0500, William Stephan wrote:
> >
> > >Sounds like
> > >A plan John, I'll give the lads at NFB a call.
> > >Thanks.
> > >
> > >Bill Stephan
> > >Kansas City, MO
> > >(816)803-2469
> > >William Stephan

John

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: