From: "John Schwery"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 8/24/06 8:14:45 AM
To: "blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com"<blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Compound Miter Saws?

Andy, line up the edge of the blade with your mark so the blade won't
cut away whatever you want to keep.  Dale asked which is more
versatile, a table saw or miter saw.  I have never used a miter saw
so I can't speak for those.  It seems that one can't rip too easily
with a miter saw so I would think that would be one limitation for a
miter saw.  So, in cross cutting, even though a miter saw may be more
convenient, that is why I went with a portable table saw.  Also, I
don't have much space so I needed a saw that would store in a small space.

earlier, Andy LaPointe, wrote:
>Hi, I would like to purchase a table miter saw to cut various
>things.  I have never used one so, I would like to get everyone's
>opinion on how to use this
>or maybe some file with different info in it that will help me make
>a good decision.
>One question I have is how do I know where to place the piece to cut
>and know that the blade will cut along the marking that I made.  I
>am sorry for such
>an elementary question but, this is probably the best place to
>ask.  I guess you don't ask a car salesman how to read
>braille.  Thank you for any time
>you give me.  Andy.

>To listen to the show archives go to link
>  http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
>or
>ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
>http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
>http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml
>
>Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions
> From Various List Members At The Following Address:
>http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
>Visit the new archives page at the following address
>http://www.mail-archive.com/blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com/
>For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy
>Man list just send a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Yahoo! Groups Links

John

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address:

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: