I can't tell if you need a laxitiv or some kaopectate sorry I couldn't resist I think I ate too much turkey the last few dayssorry again blind humor ----- Original Message ----- From: Dale Leavens To: [email protected] Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 3:43 PM Subject: [BlindHandyMan] All bungged up!
Hi, Looking for suggestions. I have a roller which you fill with water or sand for adding weight to roll out things like the lawn. I released the bung and tried to wiggle it out so I could get the water out of it in an effort to preserve it's round shape for next year. The rubber bung is a round rubber plug with a washer on each side and a bolt which runs through the middle and a wingnut so, when you tighten the wingnut it pulls the two washers together which thickens the rubber and it fits water tightly in the hole in the side of the drum. Well it wouldn't come out! I wiggled and jiggled and all it wanted to do was go in which, if it does, I will never again retrieve. This would not worry me all that much if a replacement was easily available but in the past, every time I go to my hardware store they inform me they are right out of stock as if they had just sold the last one minutes before my arrival. Not only that but they are expecting more on the next truck on Tuesday but without fail, some other needy bungger seems to get there before me but I digress. So, I put a small prybar on the wingnut musing as I tried wiggling the little beggar that pulling on the nut was pulling on the bolt which would be pulling on the washer inside the drum which would be expanding the stopper but I did it anyway. I was mistaken though, the wingnut was one of those pressed metal things and it decided to slide off of the threads instead, a consequence I had not anticipated. The wingnut now reposes probably in my neighbours yard somewhere over my shed where he will doubtless find it in the spring and wonder which of his devices it had been liberated from. I did grab the bolt with a small pair of channel locks so, in some way I still have hold of the rubber stopper and bolt and at least the inner washer and I have tried, with this hold to jiggle the rubber out of that hole including smearing Vaseline over it but, the fit seems to remain too tight. The hole appears to be maybe an inch and the bolt only a little longer than required but I am thinking I won't get it out of there unless I just melt it or burn it with a torch which really isn't useful, might as well leave it to rattle about inside there. Anyway, I thought I would put it out there on the list in case someone has; Either an idea to try or a source for bungs. Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada [EMAIL PROTECTED] Skype DaleLeavens Come and meet Aurora, Nakita and Nanook at our polar bear habitat. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
