  -----Original Message-----
  From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Keith Christian
  Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:05 PM
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] electric garage door problem

  Hi,

  I had a similar problem a few years ago too. I am actually having it
  again. The door is out of balance and the opener will not pull it up.
  I can push it up pretty easily, but there is a noticeable gap on one
  side of the garage where it should meet the ground. The other side of
  the garage is flush with the ground. Last time this happened, I had
  someone come out and adjust the door, but I'd like to do it this time.

  Does anyone have suggestions how to do this? The door is a roll up
  aluminum door and there is a big spring that needs to be tightened or
  loosened above the door.

  Thanks,

  Keith