  From: Lenny McHugh
  To: Handyman-Blind
  Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 9:38 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] self repairing paint

  Hi All,
  We sure had an interesting phenomena with a painted railing.
  This railing was painted about 3 years ago so the paint is totally cured by
now especially in a home with hot air heat.
  Anyway a little while ago my daughter washed a sweater and was going to put
it on a drying rack. She received a phone call and draped it over the railing
to take the call. She left the house and forgot about the sweater until the
next day. When I removed it the paint was totally messed up. It was actually
textured. No paint came off the railing on the sweater or my hands. But it was
really messed up. A week later we were going to repaint the railing and to our
surprise it was nice and smooth again. It repaired itself. I never experienced
anything like that. Too bad it won't renew it's look in a few years.

  Lenny http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/