Some very good points to think about.
Thanks,
Ron
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dale Leavens
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 10:56 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] framing nail gun

  I have only used one large nail gun of that size, the nails were indeed
  glued together on an angle. The angle is just a convenience, sighted people
  tend to stand and reach so the firing point is put at an angle so that when
  they reach the body of the gun slants down toward the nose which will then
  be at right angles to the nail entry. It was fully 16 years ago, the guns
  now are much more developed.

  There are coil wire guns too which cut and shoot. I have no idea why a
  person would select one sort over the other or what the relative advantage
  of one or other might be.

  I too have thought of getting a framing nailer but I don't anticipate doing
  a lot of framing in the new future and really, it isn't driving nails that
  slows me up compared with other things and there are real inconveniences
  with dragging hoses about a building site.

  The fellow helping me made real speed nailing off roof decking, I ended up
  laying out the sheets and couldn't really keep ahead of him walking up and
  down the sheets shooting them onto the trusses. He could see to keep in line
  along the trusses so, about as fast as I might strike each blow with a
  hammer he was shooting in a nail. I would have to roughly measure then shoot
  thus losing much of the advantage.

  When in form one can drive a three & a half
  twisted nail in half a dozen blows or less and sling the hammer on a work
  belt without snagging hose.

  Now those damn roofing nails are another thing, just a little short to hold
  happily and often the roof decking bounces just enough to launch the little
  bliters. If ever I have to or choose to shingle a roof of any size again I
  will be very interested in a power nailer.

  Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Skype DaleLeavens