  From: Keith Christian
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 9:32 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Changing a power chord

  Hello,

  My father gave me an old Fender PA that was used in a church in the 60s.
  I put it on my shelf and was someday going to check it out. It has 6
  lines in with controls above each input for volume base, mid, and
  treble. I have not looked to see how many watts it is. But I plugged
  it in and it works. It is a tube amp and I am thrilled!

  I have a few questions.

  The power chord has some exposed wires as it comes out of the back .
  There is actually about 1 inch of wire with its insulation before the
  bare spots. Is it a good idea to cut the wire after the bare spot and
  attach a new chord, wrapping the wires with electrical tape (or
  something else)? Or do I need to take the amp a part to connect the
  wires on the inside? Any idea what it may look like on the inside, if I
  go that route?

  I need a speaker cabinet for the PA. It is only a head. Would making a
  speaker cabinet be a good wood working project? Since I play guitar, I
  am thinking of maybe 4 12 inch speakers. I have never built a speaker
  cabinet , but I think it might be a good project. It will probably be
  used for my drum machine and keyboards as well. So if you can give me
  some ideas about speakers, size, and whether this is a good idea or not
  are welcome.

  I only tested the amp with headphones. I think I will need to hook a
  speaker up to test the out put before thinking of building a speaker
  cabinet.

  I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

  Keith