Dale Since it looks like it may not be hooked up to any thing that you could find, what I would do is take off the switch plate and have some one sighted look to see if there are even any wires going to the switch. I don't know how you would check that your self without sighted help since you can't turn off the braker being that you have no idea which breaker it is hooked up to if it is hooked up at all. If it is not wired you could take out the switch and put a solid cover plate in its place. Then you would have a nice little conversation piece.
-----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dale Alton Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 7:10 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [BlindHandyMan] tracing a light switch Hey gang, I moved into my house about a year ago and found a couple of light switches that I have no idea as to where they go. I do know that one of them heads up into the attic and towards the front of the house. Is there a contraption that I am about able to put on the light switch and have it make a sound to the coordinating end? I have tested several outlets to no avail. I thought maybe it was a three way switch that currently wasn't being used. Every place I have looked has just turned up dead ends. Any thoughts? Dale [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] To listen to the show archives go to link http://acbradio.org/handyman.html or ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/ The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is. http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is. http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List Members At The Following address: http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/ Visit the new archives page at the following address http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list just send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
