From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Larry Stansifer
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 3:28 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] El Camino

Don,

Just to kind of bring you guys up to speed, *no pun
intended*
About three years ago a very good friend of mine came to
visit. He showed up on my doorstep with a whole bunch of
beer and a 1980 Chevrolet El Camino. The entire time Stan
was here I continually chided him about his car. You know
stuff like "if I feed it and promise to take care of it
can I keep it?" At the end of his visit with me he headed
out to visit the north rim of the Grand Canyon and the like.
Well one evening I was having dinner and I heard this
terrible noise in my driveway. Stan walked through my
back-door, threw the keys down on my counter and said "there
is your FFFFing El Camino. It seems that he had blown
something serious in the motor on his trip and he was ready
to give it up. Long story short, I got him in to a rental
car the next day so that he could continue his vacation.
That is when the fun started for me. I pulled out the
6-cylinder motor and went to work.

To-day the El Camino features a 383-CID stroker motor
reworked 4LE80 automatic overdrive trans, 4.11 posit rack
rear 4-wheel disk brakes, air ride suspension and a whole
bunch more stuff we can talk about on a project by project
basis.
The outside is done in a poli-chromatic paint that looks
"jet black" in normal sunlight, a deep black cherry under
artificial lighting and a deep metallic burgundy under a
variety of other lighting conditions. The interior is done
in Burgundy Leather with brushed titanium accents on the
dash and gage cluster.

The subject line says "race car project" but the poor baby
can't make it's mind if it is an outlaw street racer, or a
hotrod power tooer car. I would like very much to bring it
to the next Blind handy man convention in Texas so you guys
can derive some of the fun and excitement from it that I did
in building it. We can sit on the tailgate and drink beer or
I can get you a 12 second ride down whatever the main street
is in front of the hotel. Oh did I mention it is capable of
125-MPH in 12.55 seconds?

Damn... I love this stuff.

Regards

Larry Stansifer