  From: Dan Rossi
  To: BlindHandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 2:06 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Floor question.

  OK, I have a question about laying the hardwood floor. You can't use the
  floor stapler on the first couple of courses since you are too close to
  the wall. I have read about face nailing the first couple of courses.
  You can try and face nail the first course very close to the edge and have
  the shoe molding cover it up. The second course you can patch the nail
  holes with stained filler.

  My question is, can you maybe face nail that first course, but then the
  second and third course, you can drill pilot holes on a 45 at the tongue
  and hand nail them so you don't have the issue of having to patch the nail
  holes?

  I can see two issues. First, do you not do this simply because you are
  much more likely to ding up the edges of the boards trying to hand nail?

  Second, do you need to face nail a couple of courses since that makes it
  more resistant to pushing backwards when you start with the neumatic floor
  stapler?

  Thanks.

  --
  Blue skies.