From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Lenny McHugh
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 2:53 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Protect Your Thumb and Clean Up Your Language

I have no idea who is more prone  to smash their fingers sighted or non
sighted.
According to the web site the tool is not made for the blind.
I do remember something from my 8 grade wood shop teacher. Mr. Smith yelled
at any student who choacked up on a hammer. There is a slight pitch on the
hammer's head relative to the arc of the handle. When holding properly it
will prevent the nail from bending because the head of the hammer will
squarely hit the nail.
If I had a dollar for every time I heard myself or someone else getting that
lecture, I could purchase some new tools.
Lenny