Dale,
You noted: "Although that sounds a little expensive to me it also sounds
like you are getting a high quality system witch will probably not cost you
anything further for a long time. Do we assume that he will be using the
existing radiators and plumbing or is he intending to replace them with
new?"
Dale, the only thing is going to be new, If, I go with the brand complete
new system as noted for the price. It will be The existing baseboard forced
hot-water system in place now on the first floor and the second floor. What
is going to be new is in the basement. That being two radiators to heat the
basement and the zone and thermostat to control them. A hot-water 45 gallon
tank for personal use and it's own zone and control. The new boiler and all
that involves. Referring to replumbing it all from what it is now and the
venting. Along with the testing of filling the lines with water and making
sure all the air bubbles are out of the baseboard lines and that the
thermostat in the first floor and second floor are working correctly. He
noted that this unit is much smaller and that it will take up a lot less
space and something about a panel with clear distinct markers on controls
for the unit. Unlike the one that is here now. Exhaust box that is on the
outside, that  I remove the cover and oil the motor once every six months.
Which, is a simple thing with the bottle you by and it's narrow nose that
slides out of the bottle and insert into the two different holes. Anyway,
the new system only would have PCV piping for vent and new air coming in
from the outside.
Hope I said, It all right. Once I get the document. Dale I'll forward it to
you and you can take a look.
I just got off the phone with my brother-in-law, that does plumbing and
heating in the south. He knew what I was talking about, but, had no
knowledge of this new European heating system. Though, knew they have been
around for the last 6 years in the US, and, have heard good things about
them. He too thought a lot of money and wondered if union and labor for the
price, too.
Geno 27, February at: 8:46 PM

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/86xolB/TM