tighten up in the joint.
What Biscuit sizes are available?
The three most common sizes are:
#0=5/8" wide X 1-3/4" long
#10=3/4" wide X 2-1/8" long
#20=1" wide X 2-3/8" long
All of the above biscuits are .148 " thick.
Some manufacturers are now offering biscuit joiners that use mini
biscuits.

What size biscuits should I use in my joints?
Generally you should try to use the largest biscuit that will fit. In
most cases this will be a #20. Sometimes, especially when building thin
frames, you
will need to scale down to a #10 or #0 biscuit.
What's the difference between a biscuit joiner and a plate joiner?
There is no difference. Both names refer to the same tool. The term
"Biscuit joiner" is used more commonly in the U.S. than Plate Joiner.
What Types of Joints are Biscuit Joiners used for?
The most common joints are:
Edge to Edge (i.e. table tops), Miter Joints (i.e. picture frames), Butt
Joinery (end to end), Corner joints (i.e. drawers), T Joints (i.e. book
shelf)
How do I make a T-Joint?
Step 1 - Lay the two boards you wish to join on top of each other and
mark the locations of the biscuits then cut the horizontal slots.
Step 2- Cut the vertical slots.
Step 3 - Assemble the joint.
How do I lay out joints?
Laying out a joint for a biscuit is one of the best features of this
tool. For most butt joints all you have to do is draw a line between the
two pieces
and align the center mark on your joiner up with this mark.
I'm interested in purchasing a biscuit joiner. What should I look for?
There are a number of different models of biscuit joiners on the market
from companies such as: DeWalt, Freud, Porter-Cable, Makita, Ryobi,
Delta, Skil,
and Lamello. Before buying a biscuit joiner you should make sure it is
well made. A tool with loose tolerances and parts that slip easily will
cause more
aggravation and mistakes than it's worth. In my opinion, the price and
features of the DeWalt push it to the top of the pack. I own this tool
and am always
impressed with the design and ease of adjusting the fence and depth
mechanisms. The fence is mounted on a rack-and-pinion mechanism with
measurements and
common settings clearly marked.
Dry-fit your Components before gluing to make sure everything fits.
Store your biscuits in a clean dry container. They can absorb humidity
from the air and swell.
If you notice your joiner burning or smoking the wood in the slots it's
time to sharpen or replace the blade.

This message and its attachments may contain legally
privileged or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the
information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the e-mail.

Any content of this message and its attachments which
does not relate to the official business of Eraring Energy
must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by
Eraring Energy. No warranty is made that the e-mail or
attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.