Unfortunately, marking lines, or rather scribing them, really doesn't work very
well for a blind guy. A blind guy needs to either use some variant of the
method that Dale described or make a simple jig to position the hinges, to hold
them in place while the screws are installed.

The jig can be as simple as a piece of hardboard with a corner removed to
reveal a two sided notch that the hinge can lay in on the workpiece and be held
there with double sided tape. Or another one could be made out of two pieces of
wood attached at a 90 degree angle to each other. One of the strips would need
2 notches in it for the hinges to lay in as the piece is put against the edge
of the board where the hinges will go. the notches need to be made in such a
way as to distance the hinges from the edge of the board along the long side of
the hinge and parallel to the hinge pin. The notches will also space the hinges
from each other. The right angle piece of wood lies against the wide flat side
of the board and positions the notches from the edge. This probably isn't a
very good description, but simple jigs like this work better than trying to
scribe the locations with either real squares or improvised ones.

I hope this gets the thought processes working for making and using simple
small jigs to accomplish these tasks.

Good Luck.