Now there's a really good hint within a hint.  I have been marking the wood 
and hoping  I could hide it on the inside to keep it from showing.  Gonna 
buy a big roll of masking tape.

Regards.

Max.  K 4 O D S.

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Transistor site http://www.funwithtransistors.net
Vacuum tube site: http://www.funwithtubes.net
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Darren Brewer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 4:00 AM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] biscuit joining


> Hi David
>
> I use a similar method for  cutting biscuits, I lay strips of masking tape 
> across the joint depending where I want the biscuits. Now using a thick 
> black marker I draw a line on each strip of masking tape making sure it 
> goes across the joint. Then using a craft knife I cut through all the 
> pieces of tape.It is then quite a simple task to line up the centre mark 
> on the joiner with the black line on the tape. As I have a problem with 
> contrast I find the black line shows up really well against almost any 
> wood. And the beauty of this method is that all you need to do is peel off 
> the masking tape and there are no lines to sand away.
>
> Darren.
>
>
>  ----- Original Message ----- 
>  From: David Sexton
>  To: [email protected]
>  Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 4:29 AM
>  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] biscuit joining
>
>
>  many of these machines have a line in the center of them that I line up 
> with an edge of tape.
>  Here's how I lay out a panel.
>  Put the boards next to each other in the order I want to glue them. Put a 
> strip of wide masking tape down the right hand side across the boards so 
> they're taped together. Now, run narrow strips across the boards every 
> place you want a biscuit. Cut the boards apart with a razor blade. Line 
> the biscuit cutter up with the edge of the tape closest to the wide strip 
> of tape. This way no matter which way the board turns all the slots will 
> line up because they've all been cut towards the wide strip of tape.
>  You might want to tape the boards together when storing them so they 
> don't get mixed with other taped boards of the same project.
>  Hope this helps.
>  Make sure your hands are both on the machine before you turn it on and 
> cut. I know a sighted guy who took his finger off with one of these.
>  Tip: clamp a long clamp across the table you're working on and one across 
> the right side. Put the board to be cut in this l-shape so that you have 
> something to pres against and the right side because the blade will want 
> to throw the board to the right.
>  David
>  ----- Original Message ----- 
>  From: Lenny McHugh
>  To: Handyman-Blind
>  Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 10:11 PM
>  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] biscuit joining
>
>  I am considering on purchasing a biscuit joiner. Is there any tips for 
> the blind woodworker to use this machine. I currently have a very accurate 
> doweling jig. Over the past year I have been thinking about the mlcs 
> router biscuit joining technique but am not sure that it is the best way 
> to go.
>  I looked at a few biscuit joiner models and am not sure how accurate I 
> could set them up. If anyone is using one please give me the make/model 
> and how you use it. You may write me off list if you wish at 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  Thanks
>  Lenny http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/
>
>  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> To listen to the show archives go to link
> http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
> or
> ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/
>
> The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
> http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday
>
> The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
> http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml
>
> Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various 
> List Members At The Following address:
> http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
>
> Visit the new archives page at the following address
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man 
> list just send a blank message to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.1/805 - Release Date: 5/15/2007 
> 10:47 AM
>
> 



To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List 
Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/

Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to