As I have said before the doors and hoods are wired shut but keep in
mind after some heavy impacts hoods go flying as do doors and that gets
really interested. it is not that I don't give a rats tail but it is not
like driving your own   home built slick race car. so we can run over a
hood if need to keep up the speed and just hear a rip or clunk. yes,
before you think of it , sometimes you hneed to be half out of your
cottin pickin mind to do some of these things in a race with a bunch of
blind drivers but for me it is a once   a year deal and we are there to
have fun, raise money and keep the crowd coming back. if there was no
wrecks. no roll overs and no fires soon the crowds would fade.  we
usually agree no hits on the ladies   or the cars they drive but it is a
no holds barred as  I've been hit by a  little blonde hottie according
to my driver so . move over  Chevy as my  Ford is blowing  mud all over
your face shield. the other car I told you about  . more than one year I
have had fun trimming his  side panels  and that is because he gets all
mouth , like I don't, well  the first year he cut me off on the inside I
caught up to him and after three taps on his right front fender and  co
drivers door he hit the infield sputtering away. I hear on the loud
speaker" appartently  so and so is having engine problems". I cannot
explain the rush of hearing the md splattering or the crunching of
fenders. I wonder how the hell do you get tires to squeal on a muddy
track but they do. One year the NFB tried to stop us and they had a
radio  ad saying they represent all blind folks and blind folks were
being used. so I cam back with my own radio spot say9ing" use me and by
the way folks in the listening audience" NFB does not speak for all
blind folks, at least not me.Lee A. Stone". end of conversation about
that one. if I can answer more questions please ask and I'll do my best.
I'd love to see a race like this to raise money for the blind mice mart
which  Master  Dale Cambell manages. we have had drivers  from all over
NY, Mass. and Conn. and I think last year we had a lady driver down here
from Vermont. as a joint effort for the last six years running I think
no less than $18,000 has been raised and the highest is around 4$23 or
24,000. some of the kids are usually around after the race when all
drivers are asked to sit down at the table s to autograph tee shirts and
that must look pretty interesting because I have not signed my name
clear in over 22 years.  but after the race it is a good commoridity
with drivers  I wish sharing a few beers but usually soda and meeting
the crowd  which  came out to support what we have been there to do. to
raise money for
CampAbilities. find more answers at
http://www.CampAbilities.org

 I wish to thank the list moderator and all of  those having a part of
this list. wish all of you . could have a chance, if you wanted to get
out on a dirt track. Oh I almost forgot to say. this year we are racing
at Lebanon Valley Speedway and I think you can find them at the
following website which I had some big trouble  getting around in or on:
http://www.LebanonValleyspeedway.com

 this Lebanon Valley track I am told  is only flat on the straight away
by the grand stands and the rest is all banked  so we need to keep up
speeds or  loose out. again . thanks.lee

--
        "It's today!" said Piglet.
        "My favorite day," said Pooh.