Howdy Folks,

I received my talking tape measure from LS and S Group this week.  It's the
kind which takes a double-A battery.

It appears to be a well-made tape measure... Easy to use and accurate when
validated against a regular tape measure.  It even comes in a nice zippered
pouch with a belt clip.  You'll need someone with working eyes to read the
sheet of operating instructions.  While it is easy to use, there are several
buttons and their use is not initially intuitive.
The only real complaint I have is, as always with adaptive products for
blind and VI populations, the talking tape measure is not inexpensive.
After tax and shipping costs, the total came to over $140.00.  Someone with
working eyes can get the same job done for $7.99.

If interested, see...
http://www.lssproducts.com/category/talking-tape-measure

--Barry