Larry
I think I will take my chanses. You are correct about not having to lift the
motor any higher than to clear the X member. If I happen to break the cap or
worse yet damage the distributer, oh well s. happens. I doubt I will hurt
the block or the intake.
I will keep you posted.
My friend John is quite busy so it may take a while to get him and his
engine hoyst out here to finnish the job.
PS
My wife thinks it funny I call an  engine hoist a "cherry Picker"
She thinks I made that up.  Is that  a wrong term that I happened to pick up
some where along the way from an idiot or is that in fact what a lot of gear
heads refer to them as.


Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Larry Stansifer
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 4:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] GMC distributor removal

Robert,

This morning whilst sitting through a totally inspiring
presentation on quarterly revenue projections I came to the
conclusion that unless you are going to do any additional
service to that old V6 you might just as well leave the
distributor in the engine. From what you have said in prior
posts it sounds like about all you will have to do is raise
the motor high enough to clear the X-member where the
motor-mounts attach and slide it out. Unfortunately not
being their makes this one kind of a difficult call.

Keep us posted

Regards

Larry Stansifer

Thou art rewarded for thy results not for thine efforts.

The Rogue Warrior


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to