Thanks and in this case since its already broken, I tried clampping
the screw in a vice and tried turning the nut this way and that.
However, its just so baddly jammed that if I wanted to use that hex
nut, I'd have to drill out the screw, but I did purchase a similar
nut, but it is a little thinner, but will work. I may still try
drilling it out to see if I can recover the original nut and it would
be a good practice session in any event.

Scott
[EMAIL PROTECTED]