Well using the same stripper you use on the rest of the stool I would us a 
small chisel or gouge that is close to the groove shape.  Luckly I have a large 
assortment of such from when I refinished furniture.  A x acto knife can also 
sometime work.  Sometimes folding sandpaper to the shap needed works.  I know 
the purist antique restorers would use tooth brushes a such.  I just couldn't 
afford the time.
Ron
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Matt 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 9:04 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Question from a friend


  Can anyone answer this guy's question?
  (Message follows)
  Actually I am redoing some old bar stools that my grandfather had, they are 
  about 65 years old. I know there are some wood workers out there, could some 
  one tell me a good way to strip the old stain from the grooves?
  Thanks

  Jeff 

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



   

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to