ah yes, electric. Then isn't that totally deceptive.

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Michael Baldwin wrote:

> On some, the diesel engine is not the power plant for the train.  The engine
> is just a generator that runs a large electric motor, or motors.
> Michael
>
>
>  _____
>
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:50 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] FW: Tips on Pumping Gasoline
>
>
>
> I've heard this commercial also.
> I can't figure the math.
> The only way I can guess it works is that after the train is moving it has
> so much momentum and that it's a fkae of some kind.
> I doubt a locomotive could move itself on one gallon of deisel.
> anyone can help?
>
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Lee A. Stone wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Hi, part of that has to do with what they call piggy back flat cars.
>> where they load two trailers usually pulled bya tractor as in tractor
>> trailer or 18 wheelers. there has been a big decline in use of the
>> trains so what a time for a commercial. I have read someplace about a
>> blind female working for amtrack in or around the yards in the
>> baltimore area. . if you have more information abou that person let
>> me know. thanks.lee
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 16,
>> 2008 at
>> 07:22:37AM -0500, Jerry Richer wrote:
>>> I just happened to see something interesting on television yesterday.
>>> I've never seen anything like it before. Perhaps a sign of the times. A
>>> guy comes on and asks what's better than a car that gets 50 miles per
>>> gallon. Then he goes on to say that it is a freight train that can move
> one
>>> ton 487 miles with one gallon.
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------
>>>
>>> To listen to the show archives go to link
>>> http://www.acbradio
> <http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_
> page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29>
> .org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_
> position=47:29
>>> Or
>>> ftp://ftp.acbradio. <ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/>
> org/acbradio-archives/handyman/
>>>
>>> The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
>>> http://www.acbradio
> <http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday>
> .org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday
>>>
>>> Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
> List Members At The Following address:
>>> http://www.jaws- <http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/>
> users.com/JAWS/handyman/
>>>
>>> Visit the archives page at the following address
>>> http://www.mail-
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/>
> archive.com/[email protected]/
>>>
>>> If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following
> address for more information:
>>> http://www.jaws- <http://www.jaws-users.com/> users.com/
>>> For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man
> list just send a blank message to:
>>> blindhandyman- <mailto:blindhandyman-help%40yahoogroups.comYahoo>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] Groups Links
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> --
>> I always have fun because I'm out of my mind!!!
>> Do you Jabber? I do. My JID is: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:stonedge%40jabber.org> org
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

Reply via email to