From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Scott Howell
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:12 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] talking tape

I have the modle that uses the double A and the only problem I had is
the damned metal tab that is attached to the battery cover fell off.
Now if I could jsut figure out how to attach yhr tab back to the case,
I'd be in business.

On May 14, 2008, at 9:47 AM, Dan Rossi wrote:

> There are two of these talking tape measures, the one that takes a
> double
> a battery and the one that takes a 9 volt batt. The 9 volt model is
> from
> England. I don't know anything about the double A model.
>
> The 9 volt model is a battery hog and gets very flaky when the battery
> starts to run down. I do get a bit frustrated with it when it starts
> yammering at me repeating measurements constantly as I try to adjust
> or
> position it. But overall it is a reasonably good device.
>
> I would also highly recommend a RotoRule to supplement the tape
> measure.
>
> --
> Blue skies.
> Dan Rossi
> Carnegie Mellon University.
> E-Mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Tel:  (412) 268-9081

Scott Howell

------------------------------------

http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_p
age&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29
Or

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/

If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following
address for more information: http://www.jaws-users.com/ For a complete list
of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list just send a blank
message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Groups Links

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail (ID 177691517) is spam:
Spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=177691517&m=f3f41c8b0e4a&c=s
Not spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=177691517&m=f3f41c8b0e4a&c=n