That's the brand I have as well and my step ladder is rated for 300 as well as
the extension.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Crews
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:10 PM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] buying extension ladder

  Kevin,

  I have several ladders, three different sizes of step ladders, all of which
  are fiberglass.

  A 24 and a 36 foot which are aluminum. I have had them all for several
  years. They are WERNER brand. I wouldn't buy any other brand.

  A 24 foot extension should take care of most home owner tasks. Basically a
  24 footer is made of two 12 foot sections. And I wouldn't extend it over
  about 20 foot.

  Also, I wouldn't buy any thing less than a 300 pound rating.

  Steve

  _____