Did I miss something?
Where does this fall in the realm of repairing, building, modifying,
replacement recommendations, or constructing?

-----Original Message-----
From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Christian Shinaberger
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 1:12 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] just to ponder

Hi where is this ship located?
I'd love to tour her sometime. How old is she exactly?
Power plant?
Chris
At 10:49 AM 5/15/2008, you wrote:

>Just a thought to ponder, for those who've had anything to do with any
>of the factors involved here.
>
>The USS Olympia is the oldest perpulsion ship still afloat today. It
>was used in the *Spanish American War in the second half of the 1800's.
>It was a big deal, it was the Admiral's Flagship and sports big guns
>for the time. (back in the days of the Krag rifle, and the Winchester
>lever rifles) It has been docked in Philadelphia's Pen's landing area
>along the Deleware river since before the 1970's.
>It is a tour museum of that time.
>
>It is being inspected for "dock worthiness" as it hasn't been out of
>the water in 60 years. It is in need of general repair to it's steel.
>They are inspecting it to determine if it can holds it's own weight in
>dry dock.
>
>Most ships need this maintenance every 20 years.
>
>I'll tell more, if it seems interesting as it proceeds.
>
>But just thinking of the size of the job, the nature of water and
>steel; had me thinking that some would consider this a considerable
>challenge. Thanks thinkers. Anyone who has done work of this type,
>please write as I'm sure there's much we don't know and would have
>effect on the things we do on a smaller scale.

------------------------------------

http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_p
age&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29
Or

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/

If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following
address for more information: http://www.jaws-users.com/ For a complete list
of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list just send a blank
message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Groups Links

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail (ID 178104684) is spam:
Spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=178104684&m=88ff2780abb8&c=s
Not spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=178104684&m=88ff2780abb8&c=n